Tutor: Martin McAssey
Running time: 10am - 5pm
Sunday 13th June (workshop full)
Saturday 9th October
This is a one day glass painting workshop based in Martin's studio at the learning centre at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet in Sheffield. This workshop is for beginners as well as the more advanced student, the workshop is run with a maximum of eight students ensuring that each student receives individual attention. Each student has use of a workbench with all the tools and equipment they will need while taking part in the workshop. All patterns and materials such as paint and glass are supplied by Martin at no extra cost.
What will I learn on the workshop?
You will learn all the basic skills needed to paint a piece of stained glass using the one fire method such as:
• How to mix paint.
• How to paint lines and curves.
• How to apply paint (matting).
• How to trace lines.
• How to create tone and stippling.
• How to create definition through line work.
• How to fire your glass.
• How to clean and care for your brushes.
What will you make?
You will have the opportunity to make a number of painted pieces of glass using the techniques listed above.
• It is recommended that you bring reading glasses for close work.
• It is recommended that you wear sensible shoes (no open toed shoes) when attending the workshop.
• It is also recommended that you wear old clothes.
What's included in the price?
All materials such as paint and glass are provided by Martin at no extra cost.
Lunch is not available in Martin's studio, it is recommended that you bring your own lunch or that you purchase lunch at the cafe. Please note that the learning centre cafe is closed on Friday, teas and coffees are available through the day and a selection of cakes will be served at lunchtime.
If you would like to book a place on this workshop please use the Contact
section of this website.