Tutor: Kate Billington.
Running time: 10am - 5pm
Saturday 18th July (Workshop full)
Saturday 3rd October
Sunday 4th October
This is a one day scrap glass mosaic workshop based in Martin's studio at the learning centre at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet in Sheffield. This workshop is for beginners as well as the more advanced student, the workshop is run with a maximum of ten students ensuring that each student receives individual attention. Each student has use of a workbench with all the tools and equipment they will need while taking part in the workshop. All patterns and materials such as glass and solder are supplied by Kate at no extra cost.
What will I make on the workshop?
You will have the opportunity to make a Glass Mosaic Tile using a big choice of different types of glass. You will have the choice of a number of different base patterns to choose from (see examples above), each mosaic tile measures 15cm x 15cm
What will I learn on the workshop?
You will learn all the basic skills needed to make a glass tile mosaic tile such as:
• Selecting suitable glass
• Scoring and breaking glass to shape
• Positioning glass pieces appropriately
• Use of suitable adhesives
• Grouting process
• It is recommended that you bring reading glasses for close work.
• It is recommended that you wear sensible shoes (no open toed shoes) when attending the workshop.
• It is also recommended that you wear old clothes.
• This course involves working with lead, for safety reasons it is recommends that pregnant women do not attend.
What's included in the price?
All materials are provided at no extra cost.
Lunch is not available in the studio, it is recommended that you bring your own lunch or that you purchase lunch at the cafe. Please note that the learning centre cafe is closed on Friday, teas and coffees are available through the day and a selection of cakes will be served at lunchtime.