Tutor: Kate Billington.
Running time: 10am - 5pm
Saturday 10th September (workshop full)
Saturday 15th October
This is a one day stained glass Tiffany tea light workshop based in Martin's studio at the learning centre at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet in Sheffield. This workshop is for beginners as well as the more advanced student, the workshop is run with a maximum of ten students ensuring that each student receives individual attention. Each student has use of a workbench with all the tools and equipment they will need while taking part in the workshop. All patterns and materials such as glass and solder are supplied by Martin at no extra cost.
What will I make on the workshop?
You will have the opportunity to make a Tiffany stained glass tea light holder (see examples above).
What will I learn on the workshop?
You will learn all the basic skills needed to make a Tiffany stained glass tea light such as:
• Scoring and breaking glass.
• Selecting suitable glass.
• Glass grinding.
• Copper foiling.
• It is recommended that you bring reading glasses for close work.
• It is recommended that you wear sensible shoes (no open toed shoes) when attending the workshop.
• It is also recommended that you wear old clothes.
• This course involves working with lead, for safety reasons it is recommends that pregnant women do not attend.
What's included in the price?
All materials such as glass, copper foil and solder are provided at no extra cost.
Lunch is not available in Martin's studio, it is recommended that you bring your own lunch or that you purchase lunch at the cafe. Teas and coffees are available through the day.
If you would like to book a place on this workshop please use the Contact
section of this website.