Tutor: Kate Billington.
Running time: 10am - 5pm
Saturday 11th December
Sunday 12th December
This is a one day Christmas decoration Tiffany stained glass workshop based in Martin's studio in the learning centre at Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet. This workshop is for beginners as well as the more advanced student; this workshop is run with a maximum of ten students ensuring that each student receives individual attention. Each student has use of a workbench with all the tools and equipment they will need while taking part in the workshop. All patterns and materials are supplied by Martin at no extra cost.
What will I make on the workshop?
You will have the opportunity to make a selection of Tiffany stained glass Christmas decorations such as snowmen, Christmas presents, baubles and stars (see photos).
What will I learn on the workshop?
You will learn all the basic skills needed to make a selection of Tiffany stained glass Christmas decorations. Such as:
• Scoring and breaking glass to fit a pattern.
• Selecting suitable glass.
• Grinding glass.
• How to apply copper foil tape to glass.
• Soldering (tacking / tinning and beading).
• Attaching support rings.
• Applying patinas / finishing.
• It is recommended that you bring reading glasses for close work.
• It is recommended that you wear sensible shoes (no open toed shoes) when attending the workshop.
• It is also recommended that you wear old clothes.
• This course involves working with lead solder, for safety reasons it is recommends that pregnant women do not attend.
What's included in the price?
All materials such as glass are provided by Martin at no extra cost.
Lunch is not available in Martin's studio, it is recommended that you bring your own lunch or that you purchase lunch at the cafe. Please note that the learning centre cafe is closed on Friday, teas and coffees are available through the day and a selection of cakes will be served at lunchtime.
If you would like to book a place on this workshop please use the Contact
section of this website.